Creamy Garlic Shrimp With Parmesan is a deliciously easy Shrimp Recipe! Coated in a rustic and buttery sauce, ready in less than 10 minutes!
Everyone goes crazy for this simple yet incredible Creamy Garlic Shrimp! Transform ingredients you most likely already have in your refrigerator into an incredible dinner and serve it with low carb OR carb loaded sides for an amazing meal! All tips and suggestions included!
After publishing this Surf & Turf recipe yesterday, you guys have been requesting we post this shrimp recipe separately for easier printing and storing. Well, here it is!
A mouthwatering creamy shrimp recipe that goes with absolutely anything.
Sides for Creamy Garlic Shrimp
- We prefer ours served over rice that has been simmered with onions and garlic for added flavour. Mm-mm-mm.
- Pasta that has been mixed through with olive oil, salt and garlic. Plus a touch of extra parmesan never hurt anyone.
- Mashed potatoes
- Garlic bread soaking up the creamy sauce. Heaven.
— LOW CARBS
- Zucchini noodles
- Cauliflower rice
- Mashed cauliflower
- Steamed vegetables
- Simple side salad
What wine goes well with this?
I choose a white wine to go with this. A light Chardonnay or Pinot Gris pairs really well. For a sweeter wine, choose a Riesling or a Sparkling Moscato.
- You can use shrimp with tails on or off. We kept ours on for a visual impact as they photograph better.
- Try to find fresh wild caught shrimp. Frozen shrimp is good too, but fresh will always have a better flavour.
- If you don’t want to use salted butter, use unsalted and season shrimp to suit your taste.
- Feel free to use reduced fat cream (or light cream), half and half or heavy/thickened cream. You can also use evaporated milk as a low calorie substitution.
LOVE this Creamy Garlic Shrimp recipe? Try these!
The BEST Shrimp!
Creamy Garlic Shrimp
Creamy Garlic Shrimp With Parmesan is a deliciously easy Shrimp Recipe! Coated in a rustic and buttery sauce ready in less than 10 minutes, people will think there is a hidden chef in your kitchen! Transform ingredients you most likely already have in your refrigerator into an incredible dinner!
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 pound (500 grams) shrimp, (tails on or off)
- Salt and pepper, (to taste)
- 2 tablespoons unsalted butter
- 6 cloves garlic (minced)
- 1/2 cup dry white wine* (or chicken broth)
- 1 1/2 cups reduced fat cream**
- 1/2 cup fresh grated Parmesan cheese
- 2 tablespoons fresh chopped parsley
Heat oil a large skillet over medium-high heat. Season shrimp with salt and pepper and fry for 1-2 minutes on each side, until just cooked through and pink. Transfer to a bowl; set aside.
Melt the butter in the same skillet. Sauté garlic until fragrant (about 30 seconds). Pour in the white wine or broth; allow to reduce to half while scraping any bits off of the bottom of the pan.
Reduce heat to low-medium heat, add the cream and bring to a gentle simmer, while stirring occasionally. Season with salt and pepper to your taste.
Add the parmesan cheese and allow sauce to gently simmer for a further minute or so until the cheese melts and sauce thickens.
Add the shrimp back into the pan, sprinkle with parsley. Taste test sauce and adjust salt and pepper, if needed.
- Serve over pasta, rice or steamed veg.
*Use a good quality dry white wine such as a pinot griot or chardonnay.
White wine can also be substituted for chicken broth or left out completely. The flavour in the sauce will be altered.
**I use reduced fat cream (or light cream) for this recipe. Substitute with half and half if you wish, being careful not to bring the sauce to a boil or it may curdle. You can also use evaporated milk as a low calorie substitution.
Heavy or thickened cream may also be used and will not require thickening with cornstarch. Allow cream to reduce in a gentle simmer until thickened to your liking.