Grilled Lemon Garlic Butter Shrimp with Vegetables – a simple and tasty recipe for summer grilling. Juicy shrimp and tender veggies are coated in an amazing buttery lemon garlic blend that are grilled to perfection.
Hey everyone! Kelly here again from Life Made Sweeter and today I’m sharing one of our favorite dishes to make once grilling season arrives. With the warmer weather upon us, we have been outside using our BBQ nonstop.
This recipe for Grilled Lemon Garlic Butter Shrimp is the perfect low carb lunch or as an appetizer for your next summer party. You can also serve the grilled shrimp along with your favorite side for a complete dinner.
The great thing about shrimp is that they are so simple and easy to cook. They grill up in just a few minutes so they are perfect for any night of the week.
HOW TO MAKE GRILLED LEMON GARLIC BUTTER SHRIMP:
Start off by seasoning your shrimp and chopped vegetables with some coarse sea salt, black pepper and smoked paprika. For the veggies, I used a red onion along with yellow, orange, red and green bell peppers but feel free to use any color(s) you like.
To make the sauce, whisk together some lemon juice, melted butter and minced garlic. Add in some freshly chopped parsley and brush over the shrimp.
HOW LONG DO YOU GRILL SHRIMP?
Shrimp cook very quickly, so you’ll have to watch your shrimp to make sure they don’t overcook. Shrimp typically take about 2-3 minutes per side on the grill. You’ll be able to tell when the shrimp are done because they’ll turn pink and opaque.
WHAT SIZE SHRIMP DO I USE FOR THIS RECIPE?
These shrimp are the jumbo sized shrimp and usually come in a bag of 16-20 per pound. You can use a smaller size if needed and the recipe will still be delicious.
WHAT CAN I SERVE THIS SHRIMP WITH?
For a simple appetizer, you can serve this lemon garlic butter shrimp with some lemon slices and a sprinkle of chopped herbs. Or for a complete meal, add the shrimp over some pasta, cauliflower rice or zucchini noodles for a light and tasty meal.
- Olive oil for the grill
- 1 lb (about 18) raw jumbo shrimp, peeled and deveined, tails on
- 2-3 bell peppers (a mix of colors – red, yellow, green or orange) cut into bite-sized chunks (about 1½”)
- 1 red onion, cut into bite-sized chunks (about 1½”)
- Coarse salt and ground pepper, to taste
- ½ teaspoon smoked paprika
- Metal or wooden skewers*
- 3 tablespoons butter, melted
- 2 tablespoons finely minced garlic
- 2 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh parsley
- Preheat the grill (or grill pan) to medium-high. Clean grill with brush and grease grates generously with oil to prevent sticking.
- Thread the shrimp, peppers and onions onto skewers.
- *If using wooden skewers, soak them in water for 30 minutes to prevent burning and splintering.
- Season shrimp and vegetables with salt, black pepper and paprika.
- In a small bowl, combine the melted butter, garlic, lemon juice and parsley together. Brush lemon butter sauce on both sides of shrimp, reserving some for later.
- Grill skewers for 3-4 minutes on each side or until shrimp is opaque and vegetables are tender or starting to brown just slightly.
- Brush remaining lemon butter sauce over the shrimp and allow to cook for 10 more seconds. Remove from heat and serve immediately.